This blog is for anyone! Male or female. Young, beautifully aged, or somewhere in between. Married, engaged, dating, or single. I just want to share what God is showing me with everyone. God has opened my eyes in my marriage! I am on a journey to truly understand and comprehend what God intends marriage to be. Marriage is so much more than living together, sharing a bank account and a home, having sex and starting a family, and it is even more than loving each other. All of these things are WONDERFUL but I truly believe that God wants marriage to be so much more for us. Join me in the journey to invite God into my marriage and invite the Devil out! I want marriages to be free of the devil and of worldly ideas and things and to be full of God's beauty, grace, and joy. Even if you aren't a Christian, just follow along with me! It's going to be a wonderful, beautiful adventure!

Monday, February 6, 2012

My prayer for marriage

Lord Jesus, I pray you prepare our hearts for each other. Make each of us open to change. Help my husband to be a spiritual leader in our home and family. Help me to be a Godly wife for him and a faithful follower of the direction you lead him in God. Help us to keep you in the center of our marriage, at the very core of our relationship. Doing this we know we cannot fail Lord. However, in the times when we will inevitably fail, help us to realize when the devil is at work and has entered into our lives and our marriage. Help us remember to call on you in those moments. I pray my husband does not become passive in our marriage but remains a strong man of God for our family. Keep him strong Lord. Strong in his love for you, his faith in you, and in his commitment to me. Help him to be a godly leader in this world Lord. To be an example to others of what it means to be a husband. Help me to also to be a godly wife for him. Let me be an example to the world Lord of what it means to be a wife. Help me to my husband's lead Lord, as long as he is led by you. Help me to seek your heart so fully that he must also seek you in order to find me. Heal our hearts of our past wounds Lord so that the devil may not use them to pin us against each other. In the moments when we will fail help us be accountable to each other God. Help us to be people lost in you. With you the devil cannot touch our marriage. Help us to remember that. As we fail you and fail each other help us to remember the love you have for us and help us to have that for each other. In times that we are apart, prepare our hearts for marriage Lord. Prepare us even more so to truly, deeply love each other. Prepare our marriage for the hard times to come and prepare our hearts to hold a lifetime of love. I pray that we love you and each other more each day and that we lean on you first Lord. If we lean on each other surely we will fall but you are solid like a rock God and you provide rest for the weary. Help us learn to lean on you together. I pray our marriage is not only pleasing to you but inviting to you so that we may not only be married to each other God but to you and your promises. We love you Lord and need to be constantly reminded that you teach us how to love. Thank you for your many blessings God. We love you love and thank you for the trials that make us stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment